Frequently Asked Questions
What is sold at the Waukegan Auto Auction?
Waukegan Auto Auction sells cars, trucks, SUVs, vans and other vehicles.
How long will it take to get the title for my vehicle back?
It can take anywhere from 6-12 weeks to receive your title back from the Sec. of State. If there is a problem in the system possibly longer.
How do I register to bid on vehicles at Waukegan Auto Auction?
Auction registration is free. To bid on vehicles, Waukegan Auto Auction requires a $200 refundable deposit. We will refund your $200 if you do not purchase any vehicles the same day. Registration begins at 4:00 PM on Wednesday’s auction and 10:00AM on Saturday’s auction.
Can we check out the vehicle prior to the auction?
Yes, you are encouraged to do so. Viewing times begin at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Wednesday’s auction and 10:00AM to 12:00 Noon on Saturday’s auction.
What does "NO RESERVE" mean?
There is no minimum selling price required. It sells no matter what to the highest bidder.
How can I pay for my purchases at Waukegan Auto Auction?
Cash, Debit Card, Visa or Mastercard Credit Card are acceptable forms of payment. All tax, title and plate payments must be made in cash, debit card, Visa or Mastercard credit card.
How do I sell my vehicle at Waukegan Auto Auction?
To sell your vehicle at Waukegan Auto Auction you must have the title, title must be in your name. Sell fees after it has sold or at time of pick up.
When Can I bring my car to sell it?
You may bring your car to Waukegan Auto Auction to sell on Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Wednesday 4:00PM-8:00 PM. You can always call our office and have a member of our staff assist you on overnight drop offs.
What are the Public fees for selling or buying a car at Waukegan Auto Auction?
- Buyer fees at Waukegan Auto Auction are $100 Per vehicle. A 3% processing fee will be added for all credit card and debit card transactions. A $275 documentation fee will be added to each vehicle sold at Waukegan Auto Auction as regulated by the state of Illinois.
- A $20.00 fee will be added to all plates AND TITLES that require to be mailed. Out-of-State Buyers will be charged $25.00 for a drive away permit.
- IL Suburbs Sales Tax - 7%
- IL Chicago Sales Tax – 8.25%
- IL Title only - $150.00
- IL Title and Transfer of Plates with registration card $175.00
- IL Title and License Plates $301.00
- Sale Price Seller Fee
- $0-$999 $100
- $1,000-$10,000 10%
- $10,001 and Up 7%
- Rate may vary on vehicles above $20,000.
- Valid Government-issued ID
- Certificate of Title
- 18 Years of age or older
Thank you for taking your time to check out our website. If you have any additional questions please call our office and let a member of our friendly staff assist you.